"Membership in the Association is open to any person organization wishing to support economically the purpose and goals of the Association. Each organizational member must designate a person to exercise those rights and privileges. One becomes a member of the Association when the Association dues are paid." (Art 8 AofA)
Why become a member?
You are or have been involved in Kidlink activities or want to do so. You might be interested in getting more involved in Kidlink life and become a full Kidlink Association member. Kidlink is operating since 1990. In late 2008 the new non-profit Kidlink Association came to life to run the Kidlink Project.
The purpose of Kidlink Assocation, an international non-profit association rule by Swedish law "is to promote a global dialog among the youth of the world. The Association emphasizes electronic telecommunications, but also supports communications in other forms and media. The Association works to achieve its objectives through several educational projects belonging to the "The Kidlink Project". The projects are created and developed through an international collaboration of volunteers and are offered to schools, organizations and youth around the world for free." (Art 3 AofA)
Kidlink cannot be managed without funding. Running the server itself requires around $US 400 each year. As we don’t get -so far- any funding from other source, being a full member or a donator is thus a way to support Kidlink economically.
Kidlink Association Members
• have the right to attend member meetings
• have the right to get information about the association
• have the right to announce one's resignation immediately after written request to the Board
• must follow the by-laws and decisions made by the Association
• have no right to the Association surplus or property at the dissolution of the Association
• must pay member dues not later than 31th of January, to be able to attend the Annual Meeting for the year and to be elected into the KA board. (Art 9 and Art 13, AofA)
If you want to support the Kidlink Association and Project economically, pay the membership fee or donate money.